<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Where To Go From Here?

I’ve been neglecting this blog for a while, ever since it crashed actually. The wonderful people at blogspot fixed some html, and it’s on the road again. However, I’m not quite sure what direction I want to go with it. I am getting tire of dealing with all the negativity.

A few days ago I decided to research the subject of helium, and plans for a future shot to the moon. I had heard that Halliburton wanted to mine helium to use in a nuclear reactor to generate power. I ran across a website that started out like this:

"Deal with Reality, or Reality will Deal with You."

Reading down the page, I found another profundity:

There is a difference between an "optimist" and a fool. An optimist is somebody who looks at bleak facts and decides to make the best of the situation that they can. A fool is somebody who looks at bleak facts and decides to ignore them because they are too upsetting.

I like to think of myself as an optimist that is struggling to deal with reality, and I don’t want to be one of the fools with his head buried in the sand. But it is and arduous task digging through this garbage heap I sometimes refer to as an anticivilization that leads to the death of everyone on the planet; and separating the wheat from the chaff can get a little overwhelming at times. For the last several weeks, it has been a lot of information overload.

But anyway, the subject of Peak Oil was what was addressed on this webpage I had found, and I think it is worth you time reading this summary of the subject. It’s not that I have changed my opinion on how we arrived at the perplexities of this society, or what is necessary to correct the problems. I still believe that the issue of money, or should I say the lack of it, rest at the root of nearly all the problems plaguing society. Cheap credit and the illusion of wealth, after all, is what has allowed all this over consumption. But I believe there are geniuses among us that can solve these problems, but have been hogtied by the system we have allowed the conspirators to put in place.

The problems is, the solution the conspirators have in mind, an 80% population reduction, is the antitheses of the only moral solution; the preservation of human consciousness, and the divinity of the individual. It’s not an overpopulation issue; it’s a problem of not dealing effectively in reality by dealing in mysticisms; or acting on nothing as if it were something.

Real prosperity can only come by first understanding nature, and then by obeying it. So what we need is a paradigm shift in human consciousness, and I am leaning toward taking this weblog in that direction. But being the happy idiot in the struggle for the legal tender that I am, time is a limited resource. I don’t have a problem with the production of values, it’s just that I have never been paid, so I’m still on the anticivilization treadmill.

So for now, perhaps you might want to look at Oil Crash Page Two,
Life After The Oil Crash.


Life is, after all, a conquest of energy. Perhaps it will give you an idea of what direction we need to go, because the current direction is one of annihilation, and we really don’t want to go there. It contradicts the natural success orientation of human consciousness; Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Ron Robinson
A Majority of One


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Hit Counter
free hit counter
View My Stats